Medicare can be broken into lots of different types of coverage.
Here’s the basic breakdown:
Original Medicare (Medicare Parts A and B)
- Part A covers hospital stays. There’s no monthly premium for Part A but you might have to cover a deductible.
- Part B is for doctor visits, specialists and urgent care visits. For most, this has a monthly premium that is deducted from your monthly Social Security check.
Medicare Advantage Drug plans (Part C)
- It includes all the benefits of Original Medicare but with extra coverage and benefits, such as vision care, dental care, and fitness perks.
- Some plans even include prescription drug coverage.
- You may pay a monthly premium to a private health insurance company (like ApexHealth)
Medicare Prescription Drug plans (Part D)
- Covers prescription drugs (as you probably guessed).
- You might pay a monthly premium to a private health insurance company.
- May be included in a Medicare Advantage plan or can be purchased by itself.
There are also Medicare Supplement plans, that cover the same things as Original Medicare but also help you pay for extra costs, like copayments and deductibles.
If you want to keep things really simple, just call and talk to a knowledgeable ApexAssistant, click on live chat, or request info with the links below.
Request a FREE Medicare Kit
Lots of helpful information about our Medicare Advantage plans and the benefits you can get.